Monday, September 24, 2012

Lost Valley Trail, Weldon Spring CA, St. Charles County, MO: New trail features- resembles Ozark Trail

Hiking Lost Valley Trail, St. Charles County, MO: New and Improved trail!


EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Missouri

The Lost Valley Trail located in St. Charles County, MO. (Weldon Spring CA) has gone through several changes for the better. This trail used to be just old roads from the ordanance factory days, however, the switchback area is new.
I have to say this...if you are going to hike this trail, know what you are getting into.  The sign at the trailhead still has the old trail system.  It was a much more ambitious hike than I thought I was getting into, especially since I have hiked this trail before, and was using past experience as a reference point.
The west side of the loop trail (I believe it is now up to 10 miles- the old style trail was 8 and less rugged) is what I focused on for this trip.
I really like the improvements to the trail system.....It really reminded me of the Ozark Trail in the southern part of Missouri.  The video below does not do the beauty justice....enjoy!

Hike ON!

Mike




1 comment: