Friday, November 23, 2012

Big Sugar Creek Wildlife area trail, Cuiver River State Park, MO October 28th, 2012: Amazing late fall hike!




Cuiver River State Parks continues to be one of my favorite spots in Missouri to take a hike.  There is an extensive trail system, with loops and opportunities to customize your hikes.  I have backpacked camped on this trail as well in the spring...incredible beautiful area just north of the St. Louis metro area.  The area is unique in the fact that the topography and "feel" are very "ozarkian" if I can say so...very comparable to hiking areas south of St. Louis in the Ozarks.
I wanted the video to be a reflection of the thoughts that had passed in my mind during the hike...who better to be a statesman for my thoughts than the immortal Henry David Thoreau.  Yes, it is true...I am a tree hugger!  I think our world needs to calm down and find center.  For me, hiking and kayaking serve that purpose well.  I think Thoreau would agree!

Hike ON!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment